Adult Victims

As a victim in a felony case, you have a right to be informed of the status of the case and to be present at the final disposition of the case if you desire.

You may have already been contacted by a representative of the District Attorney's Office to determine the best way to dispose of the case in which you are involved. If the case has been disposed of in District Court, then you do not need to send us any of the information detailed below. You may still need to apply through the Victim's Compensation Program if it applicable to you.

We understand that you have already supplied some of this information to the investigating officers previously, but if you have not furnished this information to the District Attorney's Office in a felony case, please take the time to fill out the Victim Impact Statement. This will provide you the assurance that we know your views and that your views will be adequately presented to the court in this criminal action. It is often necessary in criminal actions to locate victims or witnesses long after the case in concluded, please complete the portion of the Impact Statement concerning your location and address and keep us informed if this information changes.

You will most likely receive notices or subpoenas to appear in court. The law requires that we issue these subpoenas even though we may have placed you on a "stand-by" status. A Victim Witness Legal Assistant will let you know when you must actually appear in court. Whenever an officer serves you with a subpoena in your case, whether by phone or person, you should contact the assigned legal assistant. It is important that you not argue with any officer serving a subpoena. The law requires him/her to order you to appear. We can modify the order for you to appear if you give us adequate information as to how you can be reached. If you have any questions of whether or not you should appear, please contact us.