The District Attorney's office is made up of assistant district attorney's, victim witness legal assistants, and an admiinistrative assistant. You can learn more about the District Attorney's staff and contact information on our Staff page.
District Attorney Staff

Office and the criminal justice system available to the public.  Please take the time to search each web-page and explore all of the information we have provided you.  Should you have any questions, we have also included details on how you may contact our office.

Beaufort County Courthouse

Thank you for visiting the website of the District Attorneys’ Office in Judicial District 2, which encompasses all of Martin, Washington, Tyrrell, Hyde and Beaufort Counties, North Carolina.  It is the duty of this office to represent the State with integrity and professionalism, while protecting victims and their rights, in the pursuit of justice. 

The goal of this site is to make the information and services provided by the District Attorneys’

The State of North Carolina provides victims' of crime with certain rights and responsibilites under the law. If you are not sure of your rights or responsibilities you can find answers to your questions and more on our Victims' Rights page.

Victims Rights

Commonly refers to an attorney for the community elected by the people in his/her district to represent the interests of the general public, including crime victims, in court proceedings against people accused of committing crimes. Other jurisdictions use other terms: prosecutor, U.S. Attorney (a federal prosecutor), solicitor, or state's attorney. You can learn more about your District Attorney on our District Attorney page.

Seth Edwards
District Attorney Seth Edwards
If you feel you have reached this webpage in error, or would like to learn more about North Carolina District Attorneys, please visit the NC Conference of District Attorneys website. To report a problem with this, or any other District Attorney website please contact the webmaster.